All Other BranchesNot in stock
Dynamo 400 features a 150 Watt (peak) amplifier, 8-inch audiophile grade woofer, and RCA and speaker level input options. Dramatic bass detail and attack, superb extension, and room-shaking output ensure a compelling music and home theater experience.
- Left And Right 2-Channel Inputs
- Dynamo 400, 600X, 800X, 1100X, and 1600X subwoofers feature left and right input via RCA line level as well as speaker level connections.
- LFE Home Theater Input
- Dynamo 400 and 600X’s right inputs double as an LFE input for home theater applications. Dynamo 800X ups the ante by adding a discrete LFE RCA line level input. Dynamo 1100X and 1600X go one step further by adding both XLR and RCA inputs for LFE connection.
- Powerful, High-Excursion, Low-Turbulence, Inverted Surround Woofers
- The latest generation of MartinLogan Dynamo subwoofers feature advanced-design woofers with inverted surrounds and powerful magnet, motor, and suspension designs. In front-fire mode the unique inverted surround design maximizes excursion clearance behind the grill cover. When positioned in a down-firing configuration, the inverted surround significantly reduces airflow related turbulence for an articulate and detailed low-frequency experience. These advanced-technology woofers pair a high-power magnet structure (significantly more robust than previous generations) with low-mass diaphragms to provide massive excursions while perfectly preserving the tiniest bass detail. The exceptional damping properties of the cone ensure a smooth, non-resonant response necessary for truly seamless blending with high-performance loudspeakers. Every element of Dynamo subwoofers has been meticulously designed to deliver a staggering low-frequency performance – all without a hint of distortion.
- Advanced Ultra-Efficient Switch Mode Power Supplies And Class-D Amplifiers
- Dynamo subwoofer class-D amplifiers operate with extremely low levels of distortion and deliver dynamic impact with plenty of overhead. Low- noise, high-power switching power supplies produce clean power efficiently in a small space and effortlessly provide tremendous levels of current. Both feature high-quality MOSFET transistors, transformers, noise-suppression networks, and control circuitry. The switching power supply combined with reliable class-D technology means there’s virtually no energy lost in the subwoofer system.
- Inverse Mathematical Equalization (IME) Filter
- The IME filter used in the Dynamo subwoofers is derived from the inverse of the unfiltered driver response. Precision IME filtering yields extremely accurate low-frequency response—superior to that provided by the simple second-order high-Q filters typically found in subwoofers in this price range.
- Low-Turbulence Ports
- When properly optimized and executed, ports are a convenient, cost- effective way to increase low-frequency output. Dynamo 400 and 600X feature tuned, long low-turbulence ports designed to provide superb low-end extension while minimizing port induced distortion.
This download is available in more than one file format. Please select the file format you want to download.