Doing Our Part: How We're Responding to COVID-19
As the situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, we wanted you to be aware of additional measures implemented at the branches to minimize risk to our employees and our dealers.
- Modified Will-Call Pickup: Until April 30, we are moving to a pre-arranged pickup model only and restricting walk-in traffic to an isolated area in the warehouse. (Atlanta and Denver branch locations are not setup for this process at this time). Orders may still be called in from the parking lot and will be available within our standard 5-minute wait time. When you arrive to our modified will-call area, we ask that you sign your pick ticket after verifying your product and leave it in the designated bin. All product boxes will be cleaned prior to staging and pens/clipboards will be wiped down after each use. We will also provide hand sanitizer and wipes at each modified will-call location for customer use. Click here for our new will call procedures
- Outbound Shipments: Until April 30, all local deliveries with WAVE trucks will be supplemented with local courier services. We will continue to be fully functional with UPS, FedEx, and LTL services for all other outbound shipments.
- Inventory: We are constantly working with our manufacturers to continue to have inventory for all of your installs.
- Account Information: Due to the on-going disruption of the novel coronavirus, we are temporarily suspending the 1.5% late fees until April 30. Furthermore, if you are having any issues with BillTrust or payments please reach out to our Credit Team at [email protected].
- Essential Business Operations: There have been many questions about our industry and how our dealers need to respond to recent federal restrictions – multiple states’ and cities’ shelter in place mandates. WAVE wanted to respond to let our dealers know how we think we can all approach this and continue our essential operations.
Our industry provides products, services and technology that are classed as essential. Many of our dealers provide support to businesses and people that continue to work from home while we all try to flatten the curve. This includes those of you that provide networking, power, security, lighting, control systems and much more.
Please note only you and your legal counsel can determine whether you meet local guidelines for what is considered an essential business. However, WAVE will continue to provide our services and products for all dealers that will need them.
- Federal/State Programs Related to the Pandemic: Please note that this information is very fluid and though we try to be as up-to-date as possible there may be some day to day changes not represented here.
How the “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” Impacts the Dealer Community
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act applies to employers with under 500 employees. It requires them to provide 1) emergency paid sick leave and 2) emergency paid family leave for issues related to COVID-19. As described in detail in the attached report, the emergency leave paid by employers under this law is fully refundable by the federal government within three months.
Business with fewer than 50 employees may apply for a waiver if the new programs would “jeopardize the viability of the business as a going concern.”
Small Business Loans Through the Disaster Loan Program
On Thursday, March 12th, the Small Business Administration announced that the “Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program” (EIDL) will be available for small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in states declared “disaster zones.” A full list of qualifying states is here. The disaster loan program provides low-interest, long-term loans of up to $2 million to help meet financial obligations and operating expenses that could have been met had the disaster not occurred. The repayment terms are usually friendlier than otherwise available loans, and repayment terms are crafted to meet the needs and ability of the business.
More details are available through the Small Business Administration's website.
- Education/Webinars: Now is a good time to continue to learn more about the industry and products. We are working with many of our manufacturers to provide webinars to continue to add value to all of you. Click here to view upcoming events.