2-Way Bookshelf Speakers Pair
Demand Series D9
Definitive Technology Demand D9 high–performance bookshelf speakers deliver full–range, room–filling sound and precise imaging in a modern, elegant styling. Featuring technology advancements to both our aluminum dome tweeter and midrange/woofer sections, each speaker delivers an unrivaled sweet spot, smoother high–frequency reproduction, and three–dimensional imaging for the most technically–advanced, premium bookshelf listening experience.
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Coupled with our new 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens™, our annealed aluminum dome tweeter delivers smoother high frequency response and improved dispersion for a rich and balanced listening experience. Offsetting the tweeter by 5° delivers a more precise center stereo image by eliminating undesirable symmetric diffraction off the corners of the front baffle.
Extruded Aluminum Front Baffle
Clean, modern industrial design with a bead blasted finish provides a timeless look and feel that fits any decor.
Linear Response WaveGuide™
Patented Linear Response Waveguide extends both on and off axis frequency response, while improving dispersion for more natural mid–range timbre and more precise imaging.
Patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) midrange/woofer provides greater excursion and output that results in superior mid–range detail and punchier bass compared to drivers of similar size.
Passive Bass Radiator
Integrated passive bass radiator in each speaker produces superior low–end extension. Plus, the addition of a larger spider reduces rocking and increases linearity for deep, tight, clean bass response.
Annealed Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Our annealed aluminum tweeters are precision engineered to articulate nuance and detail in the high–frequency bands for a crystal–clear listening experience.
- Total Pieces 2 Included Accessories (2) Acoustically transparent magnetic black speaker grilles Optional Accessories (1) ST1 Demand Series Speaker Stands (Pair) - Sold Separately Cabinet Warranty 5 years Drivers Warranty 5 years
- Original Purchaser Only Yes Carton 1 Qty Included Pair Orientation Vertical
- Height 11.71" (29.74 cm) Width 6.5" (16.51 cm) Depth 11.97" (30.4 cm) Driver Enclosure Type
- MDF cabinet with extruded natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle Driver Complement (1) 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Polypropylene BDSS Bass - Mid/Woofer (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Annealed Aluminum Dome and Laterally Offset - Tweeter (1) 5" (12.7 cm) h x 9" (22.86 cm) w (Oval) Passive - Bass Radiator Total Frequency Response 44 Hz → 24 Hz Nominal Impedance 8 ohms Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter) 88 dB Lower and Upper -3dB Limits 64 Hz → 22 Hz
- Mounting Type 1/4 in - 20 Threaded Insert Available Orientations Vertical Mounting Location Bottom of Speakers Mounting Type Available Orientations Vertical Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel 20 watts → 150 watts
|High Frequency Driver||1x 1" (2.54 cm) aluminum dome tweeter|
|Low Frequency Driver||1x 5.25" (13.34 cm) polypropylene BDSS/LWR|
|-3dB Frequency Response||64 Hz to 22 kHz|
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||44 Hz to 24 kHz|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20 to 150 W|
|Connection||1x 5-way binding post pair|
|Front Baffle||Extruded aluminum|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||6.5 x 11.72 x 11.97" (16.61 x 29.77 x 30.4 cm)|
|Package Weight||33.55 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||18.5 x 16.0 x 16.0"|
This download is available in more than one file format. Please select the file format you want to download.